I serve a God who can handle the questions.

-Beverly Mitchell

Friday, October 8, 2010

milk and honey


The basic necessities of human life 
     are water and fire and iron and salt 
   and wheat flour and milk and honey, 
  the blood of the grape and oil and clothing.

Ecclesiastes 39:26

OK, so this post is not about questions or theology.  It's about my other love--food.  I could make some theological connection, but frankly I'm too lazy right now.  Let's just say that cookies are a precious gift from God.  These ones contain four of the necessities listed above and a few more.  Please forgive my photography skills.  They don't do these yummy cookies justice.


Honey Bee Cookies


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark because it's what I had)
1/2 cup honey
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Chopped pecans or other nuts, if desired


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix butter, brown sugar and egg until well blended.  Add remaining ingredients.  Drop by teaspoonfuls or so onto a greased cookie sheet.  Sprinkle pecans on top, if desired. Bake for 7-10 minutes.


Source: Adapted from A Cozy Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. your writing is beautiful becky. as are those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love! I have already eaten too many of them. There WILL be some left when Joe comes home. There will there will....

    ReplyDelete